The 1stCentral China International Ceramics Biennale, with the approval of China’s Ministry of Culture, was successfully hosted in Henan Museum from December 9, 2016 to March 12, 2017, attracting great attention and winning wide acclaim from the public(for more details, please visit http://ccicb.chnmus.net/). The 2ndCentral China International Ceramics Biennale will be held in the second half of 2018. Now the recruitment of curators responsible for main exhibitions is open to the world.
To be considered, you must:
1.have rich experience as a curator, and have worked independently as a curator of an international ceramics exhibition;
2. have keen insight into art, be open-minded, creative, and have a good understanding of the trend of international artistic aesthetics;
3. have access to such resources as representative artists in ceramics in different regions of the world, and be familiar with their technical features and artistic styles;
4. have strong abilities in organization and coordination, team management and project management, and excel at the operation of modern art exhibition;
5. have good health conditions.
There is no gender and age limit.
I. Primary selection (via email)
1. Targets: curators
2. Duration for contribution: April 15 – May 15, 2017
3. Documents to be submitted: (1) CV of the curator; (2) experience and practices of exhibition curating (exhibition catalogue or files); (3) understanding of the 2ndCentral China International Ceramics Biennale (paper).
4.Publishing of results: June 1, 2017.After the review of experts, five candidates will be shortlisted.
II. Final selection (on-site debate)
1. Targets: curators who have passed the primary selection
2. Time: June 30, 2017
3. Form: curators shall personally give a presentation in Henan Museum
4. Documents to be submitted: exhibition plan and outline for the 2ndCentral China International Ceramics Biennale
5. Those who have submitted a complete exhibition plan and outline for the 2ndCentral China International Ceramics Biennale and give a presentation in Henan Museum will be rewarded with RMB 10000.00 (the transport fare will be covered by Henan Museum).
6、Publishing of the result: prior to July 31, 2017, the list of curator for main exhibition of the 2ndCentral China International Ceramics Biennale will be published.
March 12, 2017